Brand Style Guide is a document that describes the visual presentation of your brand. It has rules and guidelines regarding the composition, design, and general thematic look and feel of your brand. It defines what your brand will look like on various visual aids such as prints, presentations, websites, social media pages, and broadcasts.
These rules and guidelines help graphic designers, marketers, web developers, product packaging managers, community managers, and promoters in designing the look of the brand. Having the same look adds consistency to your brand and it would be easier for the customers to remember and relate to. This helps present a unified vision of your brand to the public.
- Should you Hire a Freelancer or Design Studio for Your Next Project
- Checklist before brainstorming your Brand Name Suggestions
- What is Product Catalog and why It’s important for every business
- Use Infographics to create a World Class Presentation
- Graphic Design Trends to Spice up your Design Project
Essential elements of a brand style guide
- Brand story
- Colour palette
The brand guide is the heart and soul of your brand. It portrays your mission, vision, and values.
Benefits of a brand style guide
The guide has plenty of benefits that help your business to succeed. Some of them are mentioned below;
- Helps the world recognize you. If you have the same look everywhere it would be easier for the public to recognize you anywhere in the world.
- Create trust between you and your customer. When your customers will see the consistency in your brand they would trust you along the way. Having a different look in your outlet and your website would create distrust between you and your customers.
- Adds consistency to your brand. Inconsistency confuses and alienates your customers which is why it is important to have a consistent look and feel for your brand.
- Helps your brand communicate with the world. The world communicates with you through your business and having a consistent image across all channels and teams would help the world communicate with you in the proper way.